I look at other dads and I feel inadequate. I

I look at other dads and I feel inadequate. I lost my job 3 months ago, and my baby just came last month. We are depending on my wife's income right now. I hate being a stay at home dad, but what else can I do? Please suggest things I can do (while applying for jobs) to get my mind off the entrapment I feel.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

The best thing I think you can do is to take advantage of this opportunity to support both your baby and your wife. Yea, cause support doesn't always mean providing them financially. I've been wanting my partner to have a least a month to stay at home with baby while I am working - no joke. Cause I want them to have the solid bonding, him to have the "real deal experience" (day to day routine of baby) while doing maybe the small chores at home as well. No, not to punish him or anything BUT to help him understand what it is really about ( I was a stay at home mum from baby's birth to 7mons and was so crazy hubby cared lil less). Hopeful, I know when both of us experience it, we can then more relate to each other, sympathise more and have a clearer understanding of things - thus supporting me as well while I work for the family now. Fathers have been affiliated to the word "provider" but why not change it and go after the trend nowadays of being labelled as "nurturer". That's to make a huge difference! Who knows, your baby will be better if you can spend more time with her and love her mum even more cause you understand her better too now? You can do it! Super normal and not odd at all. Also, why not try doing anything online job as you have more access to it now. Try to read this and maybe can help you get ideas: http://sg.theasianparent.com/working-mothers-good-kids/ Kudos daddyoooow! ;)

Read more