May i know how to cook porridge for my 8mo? Any good and simple recipes? Other than porridge, puree and cereal..what other food can i offer?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can either use a slow cooker or stove top to cook your porridge until the consistency you like. If you want it more mushy, then add more water. If you want your rice to cook faster, then you can also soak your rice overnight. With porridge it is really quite simple what you want to add in. usually I mix a variety of vegetables and rotate between chicken/fish/pork eg - broccoli/pumpkin/pork - spinach/cauliflower/fish - carrot/pea/chicken - celery/carrot/fish Other than porridge you can also feed baby pasta. You can buy baby pasta stars from Heinz, then add some puree and mix it together. The puree you make can be similar to pasta sauce - mince beef, onion, garlic capsicum, tomato (assuming your child is ok with tomato) Check out this website for more ideas http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/solidfood8to10montholdbaby.htm

Read more

Sliced vegetables, fruits, bread sticks, you can steam the fruit and vegetables and cut them into thick slices for your lo to explore. Pasta is another good option. You may opt for fusilli ot penne.

You can offer solids finger shaped foods as well. My baby loves to eat carrots, celery sticks and bread that is sliced up to the thickness of a finger

The easiest way is to through everthing into a slow cooker. No need to watch the fire. You can offer mee sua, baby macaroni, mash potato

I prep noodles and pasta for my current 8 months old too ;)