I am on full terms now, going 37 weeks. I am so worry about everything. I scared that I can't handle this big responsible worry that I will not do well. I am scared of labour pain and going under knife(c-section). I don't know how to deal with the fear I am having. I even tell my husband that I wish my baby can be in my tummy don't come out. He reply you are so uncomfortable why not faster have him out and you will be more relax. I say I rather have all the hips/bone ache and sleepless night and frequently urine lo. The unknown labour pain is the one that I am so afraid of. I become very emo and wondering why only the women have to been through all this and not the husband. They still can say nvm don't worry, not pain, no need scared. Then why not they go through it also with us. Experience the pain and changes we have. I am so sad and even keep crying like a scary cat. My husband say I should not think too much. But I am the one going through all this sure will think alot.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I can totally feel and understand what you are going through. It is inevitable to feel worried and scared for the first time. I was so scared that I teared the night before I have birth. Try to busy yourself with things before the big day. Also keep telling yourself if so many women can do it even the timid ones you can too! And most importantly you can see baby after that! Mine was also a c sect. An unplanned one somemore so even worse for me. On the way to the operating theater I was so scared stiff and I even got motion sickness being pushed here and there. But what I can say is the medical professionals will take good care of you. In fact I feel no pain at all during the operation only feel tugging. But of course after delivery must suffer some pain lah but got painkillers and it will all be over within two weeks I promise you. Big hugs! Go eat something good hear few weeks and treat yourself to things you like. The baby has to come out! Just leave it to the professionals on the big day, there is nothing much you can do.

Read more