Gynae recommendations

Hi all, I just found out I'm 5-6 weeks in and am entirely clueless about how to go about selecting my gynae and hospital :( Would appreciate any gynae recommendations + advice. Preferably a gynae that I can do check ups with near tiong bahru area. Where and how do I find out the different hospital charge rates? How did you guys decide on which hospital to deliver at! Please help! ? A very clueless mum to be

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats! I’m 6 weeks in, but this will be my #2. For me, my #1 was delivered in Mt A by Dr Geraldine Tan. She practices in both Mt A and TMC. Hence, I am able to wait till a later stage to choose which hospital to deliver in for my #1. My personal experience in Mt A was not too bad, they had complimentary class for breastfeeding for mum and dad. The counselor would do their rounds to check on our breastfeeding stage and if we need help. I would say the Nurses are alright only. However, I also heard many bad reviews about TMC and Mt A.. so I think it really depends on who happened to serve you? As for the charges, it really depends on your comfort level. Before I chose Dr Tan, I asked around for consultation fee and ultrasound fee (since this 2 are the most common charges when you visit the gynae). Hope this helps!

Read more