Hospital Selection

Hi mommies, have u all selected preferred Hospital and Gynae yet? How did u all consider before making a decision? Can you all share some recommendations please 🙏 #firstimemom #advicepls #firstbaby #firstmom #hospital #gynae

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Firstly, it depends on the hospital or gynae of your choice. There are gynaes that are in government hospital like Dr Suzanna in KKH, Dr Citra in NUH while some private Dr are in TMC,Mount E, etc. Then, the packages each of the private/gov. hospital have for private patients. What are the breakdowns for pre natal, labour, post natal checks. You can choose gynae based on recommendations by friends/family/experience. End day, it is also subject to gynae's availability till your EDD and if you would like them to be your gynae. Most people choose gynae because they prefer the particular gynae or they prefer to have just one doctor overlooking all of their baby's need and them. Hope this helps.

Read more
2y trước

You can ask here in this forum, among family, friends, colleague, FB Page for mummies/daddies too. You can also ask local artiste or follow them to see their personal gynae review. In this way you can decide to have an appt once you have made your mind. Then check on availability before meeting them. During this first few appts you can have a lot of QnA, interactions and you see how they engaged with you, giving the best advice/options.

Hello! I’m a first time mom-to-be too and I made my selection based on my comfort and trust level with the Gynae. Which hospital she delivers at wasn’t too important to me. I think the most important thing is to feel comfortable with your gynae because after all, in the event of any emergency you want to be able to trust her decisions and skills. I was very selective with my gynae and did two switches before I settled with my current. It’s a very personal choice too because everyone may have different experiences and expectations with a certain gynae. I would say you really need to interact with the gynae before you know if he/she is the one 😂

Read more
2y trước

I googled and relied on online reviews heavily since my friends and family used male gynaes and I was looking for a female gynae :) a few I shortlisted are Dr Caroline Khi, Dr Kek Li Phin (recommended by my family) and my current gynae is Dr Tan Wee Khin. You can do your own due diligence and decide if you’d like to consider seeing them! my edd is in December and a lot of gynaes I shortlisted will be away on leave! So I agree with Eva that it’s impt to check on the gynae’s availability on your EDD month.