Gynae recommendations

Hi all, I just found out I'm 5-6 weeks in and am entirely clueless about how to go about selecting my gynae and hospital :( Would appreciate any gynae recommendations + advice. Preferably a gynae that I can do check ups with near tiong bahru area. Where and how do I find out the different hospital charge rates? How did you guys decide on which hospital to deliver at! Please help! ? A very clueless mum to be

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Influencer của TAP

Hi mummy. Here's a rough guide for you before you decide. 1. Your finances situations. Going to government definitely will be cheaper than private. 2. Comfort level on splurging on gynae. Nowadays most hospital charges almost same price. It's the gynae fee that matters. Some gynae in novena Mt e charges 4k for delivery some 5k. 3. What type of gynae you prefers? Female or male? Prefer 10 years experience or 5 years or 20 years? 4. Will hospital matters to you? Most mummy prefer Mt A and Thomson. Cos they are famous for delivery of baby. This is a experience from a friend, lactation guide and helps. What she went thru was Mt A was not so helpful during first baby she eventually go home unsure about breastfeeding and gave up. Her 2nd baby was Thomson they manange to teach her abit. Many first time mom clueless about breastfeeding so we need help. Fortunately Glen e was super good and keep encouraging mummy to bf whenever we can and will offer to help even the nurse. Most importantly you must be comfortable with your gynae and trust him or her. I hope this will help you make you're choice easier. And you can just call each clinic to get the rough figure and ideal how much will you be expecting. I gave birth at Glen E by Dr tham kok fun. You can take into consideration. He's super fatherly and guide me thru my first pregnancy.

Read more
4y trước

Okie will prob check out Dr tham too from Glen e! My first gynae appt will be with Dr Cordelia Han from Raffles. Hopefully all goes well. Thanks for yr advice :)