Gynae recommendations

Hi all, I just found out I'm 5-6 weeks in and am entirely clueless about how to go about selecting my gynae and hospital :( Would appreciate any gynae recommendations + advice. Preferably a gynae that I can do check ups with near tiong bahru area. Where and how do I find out the different hospital charge rates? How did you guys decide on which hospital to deliver at! Please help! ? A very clueless mum to be

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends on whether you want to go subsidised or private. If subsidised, you have to go the polyclinic to get a referral letter, then choose which hospital you want to go. Gynae doesn’t matter cos you can’t choose. Each visit is a different gynae doing your checks. For private, you can choose based on the hospital and look for reviews. After shortlisting a 2-3 at the preferred hospital(s), you can then go and meet them for your first visit, then decide which you like as they may have different styles - some friendly, some stern and brief, etc. You must also ask if they can deliver at your preferred hospital, if you have any preferences. For me, I was fortunate that I didn’t have to do so much work as my mum’s gynae, Dr A L Lim, who delivered me 33 years ago is still in practice, so he was my first choice. His clinic in Thomson Medical Centre and I’m not that particular about the hospital as I believe gynae is more important and luckily, TMC is still quite affordable for private. His charges are quite reasonable as he’s very very senior and experienced. Just a note that subsidised means not every visit will get ultrasound scan - probably first visit and detailed scans at development milestones. However, private usually does scan every visit, except detailed scans cos already scanned so no point to double scan.

Read more
4y trước

Thks for the tips! Have booked my first gynae appt and will be bringing my hubby along :)