I just fought with my mother in law. I am fed up of living with her and i will be asking my husband to choose between me or her. But I am scared he will choose her. Any strategy on how to ensure I get my way.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

When it comes to making a choice like this, its not only difficult, its selfish in a way to your husband. Don't do to others what you don't want others to do to you. I have a son too, and I do hope I will not turn into a monster in law to my son's future gf or wife. Its never easy living with in laws, especially mother in law. She is the first woman your husband love, the bond that they have is what you can't recreate with your husband, its a different level kind of bond between husband and wife. Me too, living with in laws while waiting to get a place of our own, therefore I can understand how frustrating you will feel. I don't have a face to face confrontation with my MIL, but the tension is there. I do hope some day, she will accept me for the person I am. I just wanna be a good mother o my son and a good wife to my husband. There is a price to pay living together, lack of privacy, which I needed. Talked to husband an he tried his very best that I feel alright. Please Don't make him chose, love and support is very important in a marriage.

Read more
8y trước

I used to have the same problem, and my mil will scold me but i will nvr scold back or reply her anything. I nvr asked my hubby to choose n even refrain from telling him cos i know he will be vv stressed & if he tells off his mum, the suituation will be worst.. So i told myself, everytime she is unhappy about me, instead of being angry too, i will buy her a small gift. Eventually she starts to appreciate me & now we r on pretty good terms. Do good n be well mannered towards everyone especially t