I just fought with my mother in law. I am fed up of living with her and i will be asking my husband to choose between me or her. But I am scared he will choose her. Any strategy on how to ensure I get my way.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just be patient. She meant well but in a different perspective from yours. Try to understand where she is coming from. It’s just a temporary situation. Relationship is long-term. Just remember, as a parent we need to set good family values that not revolves only you, your husband and your child but it’s important that you show your child what love and respect to their elders mean. Children need their grandparents’ love and support and this is a good contribution to your child’s mental, emotional and physical growth. Just talk it out calmly and reasonably with your husband and try to understand his side of family dynamics as well. Re-check your thoughts before doing something which you will regret. If you love your husband, try to also think of his role as a son. His family values, etc. We will all grow old one day..so we do want to be understood as well when the day comes. Just think about it, if the situation is reversed, would you do what your husband asked you to do. Just think through it ...You won’t lose..I promise you. :)

Read more