Mom guilty

I feel so mom guilty towards my baby girl who is 4 month old.. I accidently cut her finger during nail cutting.. She sleeping though so shouldn't be injured.. 😭😭😭😭😭😭

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ok here’s a tip which you can try. There may be other better ways so you may want to try it on yourself first before you do it on baby. Takes a lot of practice. You should push down the skin below when you are trimming her nails. When you get to the corners, again, push down the skin below. Use the corners of the clipper to go underneath the nail so that you can clip ONLY the nail and not the flesh beneath it. Be alert and very careful and see if you’re overdoing it. It’s not easy I know especially when they are wiggling. But take your time, don’t rush. What’s important is you’re aware of the nail and the flesh surrounding it. Always start from the corner. Corner of the clipper to corner of the nail and slide underneath. You’ll be able to see how much you need to cut based on that. Usually you’ll be using your thumb & index (sometimes middle) to hold a finger. Open and use your other fingers to push baby’s other fingers away/down so that it doesn’t get in your way when clipping.

Read more
Super Mom

Don’t worry mama! All will be fine! Mistakes will be made and you’re not alone...that little chubby finger will heal and if she’s sleeping through the night, put your feet up, Netflix the night away and tomorrow’s a brand new day of adventures :)

Hi, Don't be too hard on yourself mum. A mistake happened which taught us to be extra careful

We are humans and we make mistakes . Just be extra careful next time ok ?

Super Mom

Dont be too reproachful, mama! babies recover faster than you know! :)

Can try scissors if u r using nail clipper

😭