Birth extract in Singapore.

Hi, all. May I ask if anyone change baby’s name or add names before? I understand that the original will be discarded and the birth extract with new name will be issued instead. My concern is that what is the differences between these documents? Does it cause any issues by not having the original in the future? Let’s say..if we want to apply for overseas school, do they accept the birth extract instead of the original? I’m sorry for asking many questions here. If you have any information or experience, please kindly share with me. Thank you!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hi A.N A birth extract is also an official document, so you shouldn’t have any problems with it. The only difference between a birth extract and a birth certificate is the absence of signatures in the extract.

3y trước

Hi, Lena Thank you for sharing information. I am still a bit concerned because I’m not sure any other countries will be accepted that or not. Like in the future, my child needs to provide his identification for VISA, marriage and so on. Is it better to deed poll in order to keep the original with old name? Or better to get the extract with new name on it..?