I am absolutely fed up of being the sole bread winner in the house. The kids are 7 and 9. I am frustrated that my Wife keeps saying she needs to not work and stay at home to take care of the kids. The kids go to school and we have a part time maid who comes in twice a week. How do I get her to go back to the workforce instead of sitting at home and spending all my hard earned Money?

59 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if I were you..I would explain to her how it makes you feel about the situation..there is no reason she can not head back to work even if it is a part time job..I saw other posts about situations as if the kids get sick well duh then do t work the shift while they are at work she could go after you get home..work opposite shifts..I was a single mom for the longest and it can be done. and if she does not want to work opposite shift then you have someone the school can call on if something was to happen..just talk to her!!

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I am sorry you feel this way. I think you really should sit down and have a heart to heart talk with your Wife and tell her why you want her to go back to work. There is no use bottling up such emotions. You are clearly frustrated and that's okay, but do understand where your dear wife is coming from when you speak to her. You can also suggest to her to start exploring the workforce by doing part time work like telemarketing, writing etc. There’s a great website / organization called mums at work that you can look into.

Read more

i am sure you have spoken to her already, but please do so again. this time, explain to her the financial situation as it is. show her the inflow and the expenditure, and tell her honestly that as she has helped in the house and parenting part till now, you know she can help you in the financial part too. she may be reluctant to start working, so maybe she can start with a part time work? give her options and do some research before you talk to her, about the type of jobs that are available.

Read more

maybe u can have a good sweet chat with ur wife. . communication is very important. maybe u can share with her ur point of view and she might also share with u what is her thinking too . as a Stay at home mum is really not easy too . maybe she had been staying at hm too long and will be very worried and scare when coming to facing the outside world. i use to be a stay at home like about 4 year when steping out to the world find job and all the worries and scare really hard to step out.

Read more

Hi. I understand your frustrations. Fellow father of three. From my perspective: if your kids are at school during the day and your wife is at home refusing to go to work, you need to ask her the question of exactly why she does not want to contribute financially to the family and why she feels she may not be ready. 7 & 9 year old kids at school with a maid is perfect reason to enter the workforce and help contribute towards financial freedom for the family. Best of luck pal

Read more

The only way this can be resolved is for the both of you to have a chat with each other. Maybe you stay home instead and let her go out to the workforce? Try putting yourself in her shoes and think why would she be reluctant to rerurn to work. Could it be because there is something bothering her. Be patient with her and try to understand. It is only when we feel that the other party listens and understand that we will keep returning to share more with them.

Read more

well, it may look like an excuse but it culd also be possible that she is worried about not being around when the kids come back from school. who do you think will take care of the kids when they are home? if it is a possibility, maybe your wife can take a part time job for now. this will ease her worries about not being around for the kids too. once they are more grown up and can take care of themselves, she can move to a full time position.

Read more

I understand what you are going thru. I failed my biz, and was so exhausted that i told my hub. Maybe i just stay home, cos i did my biz and lost all my money, i was disappointed and lost. But my hub did went thru a moment like yours when i stayed home. But he kept encouraging me, and motivate me. Now i got up and started to work again. Its always good when female work and have their own spending money... both happy

Read more

Well I think perhaps you should communicate with her and maybe try to understand what's her reason for wanting to be a stay at home mum? Probably she have some issue that she did not mention to you? Or maybe she's afraid to get back into workforce as she has been away for too Long? Instead of questioning her, try to get her to express why she does not wants to go back to work. If need be, always seek professional help.

Read more

Does she cook and prepare the family meals? After the kids came back from school did she look after them or like teach them homework etc? If she did nothing or no help to the home, its better for her to go work. Let her understand that money doesn't come that easy and the benefits of having extra income. You may ask her try for part time job instead of rotting at home. Some jobs have flexible hours.

Read more