I am absolutely fed up of being the sole bread winner in the house. The kids are 7 and 9. I am frustrated that my Wife keeps saying she needs to not work and stay at home to take care of the kids. The kids go to school and we have a part time maid who comes in twice a week. How do I get her to go back to the workforce instead of sitting at home and spending all my hard earned Money?

60 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

no doubt she is working different type of work in home but if husband is not financially capable to handle the expense then she can work for money after all both of you have 50-50% responsibility, the way you expressed your feeling is wrong to say in that way you can convince her by explaining the financial situation, she is not burden on you, and I think no wife is burden on any husband

Read more

i just seen this topic you got here. i also have the same scenario. i have 2 boys and she is pregnant with our twins she wanted to go to work i wont let her.. why? being at home is not like she spend the money you earn thru hardwork. staying at home is more complicated and hard. its like working without payment. if you want her to go work out. figure out how your kids grow

Read more
5y trước

Nice input (brilliant sarcasm). If you were not in fact a mother with this clear bias, you wouldn't have posted as anonymous and in fact provided an actual solution.

Influencer của TAP

Hmm can you elaborate on the spending all your hard earned money? Is she spending on luxury stuff or online shopping? Or is the money on the kids and groceries? If her focus is on the kids and making sure they are concentrating on studies, think you can probably give her some leeway. But if she’s a SAHM, probably you wouldn’t need the part time maid, can save a little on that.

Read more

Have you tried talking to her? If she has lost confidence about going back into the workforce this could be a reason why. Find her some links to some part time online stay at home jobs and see if she is open to trying these, it may just get her excited about independence again. If not, suggest cancelling the helper as she's not needed.

Read more

I suggest you take her out and have a heart to heart talk with your wife. Explain to her that your kids are big enough and you think she's now ready to accept a job for additional source of income. Maybe she doesn't have an idea on what your current financial status is, that's why she's still complaisant with just staying at home.

Read more

Kausapin mo siya nang maayos boi, tell her that you would need help with finances. Hindi naman nakakababa ng pagkalalaki ang paghingi ng tulong sa asawa. Just ask her properly and nicely for help, she'd understand naman. Don't be aggressive during the talk. If siya naging aggressive, yaan mo lang pero wag mo sasabayan.

Read more

bro, think it this way. she gave birth to ur two beautiful kids which is a hell load of painful process to go through. anyway there is an initiative by NTUC and the Women wings for Back to Work Women. do abit of research and bring her down for their talks etc. quite gd benefits if she decides to go back to work.

Read more

She already worked very hard for the last 10 years, pregnant twice and taking care of toddlers..Let her rest for awhile. When the kids need extra money during secondary school, she will help you. For now just treat her gently or else she might resent you and keep on being worse!

Shouting and aggression will hardly get through to her .. in fact she might probably misconstrue your motives. Loving encouragement on a consistent basis usually opens women up like beautiful flowers. But its gonna take a lot of self control and energy.... wishing u the best brother.

Thành viên VIP

I think it’s absolutely fair to request your wife to work. Maybe have a chat with her about working for her own sanity, independence and self worth. Women don’t want to feel pressured to work, but if you explain it nicely; you might be surprised how support a women can be