I am 7 months pregnant and I started forming rashes all over my legs. I think it's Pupp. It's really itchy. What can I do to alleviate the itch

Post image
13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is this your first pregnancy? Are you having a boy? Did it start with stretchmarks from the tummy area? And is it very itchy? If you answered yes, then I am 99.9% sure this is Puppp. You should go visit your derm. By the way, if you had Puppp for first pregnancy, very high chance to have it again for second pregnancy. I had PUPPP in my last pregnancy and I used a bar soap called 999 that I bought from Sheng Siong for under $1. It helped me a lot, the rashes gradually disappeared. I also drank a lot of lemon water and coconut water. Anyway mummy, this is very common condition that many of us mummy experience. It's really a torture right now, but after delivery it is gone. Try to occupy your mind right now so you don't think about the pain. You can read more about Puppp here: http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/whose-body/skin-rashy.aspx

Read more
2y trước

1)shower with cold water, 2)towel dry a bit and IMMEDIATELY use basic body moisturiser (preferably nothing heavily perfumed. I used Nivea body whitening cos it absorbs fast) . 3)after which I use the Snake cooling power especially on itchy areas and it helps cool it down and rid the itch. 4) Use cool loose clothing 5) drink lots of water, use humidifier in the room a d watch your diet. hope this helps~ Im gg though it too

It happens higher chance during first pregnancies and if you are having a boy. I had it for both my boys. Both times it was very bad from head to toe. First time I just tolerated it and it only subsides when I deliver the baby. And two weeks later the marks also disappeared. For baby 2 I used a strong steroid cream (from dermatologist) and piriton tablet, which is safe for pregnancy. It went away after a week. Both times sitting in aircon room and taking cold showers twice daily helped. I change to cetaphil shower gel as well, as the scent is mild in comparison to normal soap. You can also try grandpa pine tar soap, helps for some ladies but I never tried it. Middle of the night I would use cold packs to relieve the itch.

Read more

Have you seen a doctor yet? Yes this looks like puppps I experienced this when I was at week 33. The dermatologist prescribed elomet which is a mild steroid cream, xyzal antihistamine and ceradan moisturizer. He also told me to avoid nuts and seafood when it's itchy. All of those helped a little but it only cleared up after delivery of baby. The key is to keep the area moisturized, drink more water, stay away from dust and be in aircon all the time. If you don't want to use steroid cream, you can buy Sarna cream from guardian. You can ask try to shower with pine tar soap which you can buy from iherb. The itch is depressing but hang in there!

Read more

My friend actually used banana peels as a PUPP itch reliever, as advised by her midwife. Apparently banana peels are great rash relief because of their high potassium, enzymes and fibre content. You can also try oatmeal baths or a sprinkle of Epsom salts in you bath. Also, wear looser comfortable clothes so that your skin can breathe.

Read more

To ease the itch, try taking an oatmeal bath or add baking soda into your bath. Keeping your skin moisturized could also help reduce the itchiness. You can consult your doctor for medications that are safe for you to use. Hang in there...

Please get your b.p checked immediately. it happens due to hi bp or reaction to foods that contain colors, additives, etc. Malt and dairy can cause this too....

Im 7 months pregnant and i had this too. I mix the salt and warm water...rub it to the itchy part the next day it wont itch anymore.. 😁

Coconut water and coconut oil. You might want to buy it from Watsons or guardian. It really helps tremendously.

Thành viên VIP

I had this too when I was pregnant! Do get some cream and meds from your pd

It's in my chest Doctor says it's normal and give me calamine

Post reply image