Telling my closest friends…

I am 13 weeks pregnant now. I’ve already told my family weeks ago… however not sure if its safe to tell my best friends?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Firstly, nothing wrong with sharing. The question to ask yourself, why do you want to delay informing? Is it because you want to enjoy the moment on your own with your immediate family or are you afraid and don’t want to let go of unfortunate (may God forbid) news to your friends. Personally, I waited up to 20 weeks (halfway point of the whole pregnancy). Reason being I do not want to let go of bad news for my own mental health. My own sister had went through miscarriages and the part of telling that she was pregnant and then having a loss was so hard on her. For some people, the support from friends are helpful hence they wouldn’t mind sharing. Some people experience hard pregnancies even in early trimesters, so they find talking about it to the friends comforting.

Read more

There's nothing wrong with informing your closest friends. As for me, I have yet to tell three of my girlfriends whom I'm very close to. Maybe I won't; I'll surprise them when they notice. Haha! Nowadays, I try not to say much. If people ask if I'm pregnant, I'll only acknowledge it to my closest family and work friends who already know.

Read more

up to you. there is no obligations to let anyone else know if you're not comfortable. I suggest only to let your work bosses know so that they can look out for you at work. maybe you can let your friends know at the next gathering if you want?

personally i don think much abt it.. but for me.. the news just spread and i just let it be-- pretty much the kind of person that if the world burn down, i also ok kind 🤣

I don't feel there's such a thing as whether its safe to tell or not. It's whether you're pantang about it. So really up to you haha

Up to you actually. I only told some friends after 4 months, even relatives only know im pregnant when im 7 months.

depends on your belief~ I'm a Christian, I announced when I was 1 month pregnant and my baby now is 1 y/o

i told my frens when i reach the end of 2nd tri. im abit pantang lol. but its up to u though.

it's up to your comfort level. Most people will start announcing after entering 2nd trimester

up to your comfort level like what other mummies have said. I announced mine at 16 weeks