How do you tell your husband that you want to move out of your in laws without offending him? We still live with my inlaws. I have no work but hubby does. We have a 20 month old little girl. I used to work but since baby is exclusively breastfed and we cant get a nanny or more so I am afraid of nanny I stayed at home. My parents in law are ok, especially MIL. But sometimes my FIL is difficult to deal with as well as my brother in law. I know its not gonna be easy for us and difficult for hubby. Since to afford living on our own means we need to earn more. I have to work (?) who's going to watch the bubba? haayy

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can understand that it is a not an easy situation where you have to talk about the fact that you don't feel comfortable with your FIL and BIL. But I think you will have to talk to your husband sooner or later. Look for a good time to talk to your husband about the whole issue. Tell him what is bothering you. Tell your husband that you are not complaining but seeking help like a friend as what you can do make things easy. Give him the idea of moving out and contemplate on the fact that can you both manage on your own with a little kid. If you are in anyway dependant on your in-laws then you need to see whether you can do without their support. Confide in your husband and together try to figure out the solution. May be that your husband can intervene when your FIL or BIL is not treating you well and can tell them that he would not tolerate anyone misbehaving with you. In every relationship one has to draw a line and if your husband supports you, you can tell your FIL and BIL that they cannot treat you in bad way.

Read more