How often did you bathe your newborn? Do you need to wash their hair with shampoo at each bath time?

37 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bathe my baby once everyday and wipe down once at night. I don't wash their hair with shampoo. It is difficult to wash off the shampoo when they are still young and soft and besides they don't get dirty easily. I only press a pump of top to toe soap into the water and wipe their head with a washcloth several times making sure that it is thoroughly wet before drying off and continue to wash their body.

Read more

Newborn hardly gets dirty so bathing once a day should suffice. More attention should be paid to areas with creases (such as armpits, groins, back of knee) as these are where dirt may gather. My sister-in-law use shampoo/soap suitable for babies when my niece and nephew were newborns. But she only uses a small amount just to make sure that babies were clean and comfortable.

Read more

A bath 2-3 times a week is enough to keep your newborn clean. But if your baby really likes baths m, you can bath him once a day. Bathing more than this can dry out your baby’s skin. You can keep your baby’s genitals clean between baths by using warm water and cotton wool.

I didn't use shampoo. But I gave my babies a bath once a day, and if I had to take them out of the house, I'd give them a bath whenever we got back. It also depends on the weather though. On cold days, I could skip a full bath and just use wipes or a sponge to clean the folds in their skin.

i used to give my baby a bath once a day for the first 6 months, and would clean with a damp cloth before bedtime at night. sometimes would also give a warm bath at bedtime. i started using a baby shampoo only after they were about 4 or 5 months old

For me, I don't like routine. Never count them. But I will wash her hair or shower her. Whenever she get dirty. As long as my baby had very sensitive skin and can't use wet wipes, I will clean her with water every time I change nappies

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3595)

You'll wait for 24hrs after birth before you give him/her first bath(it keeps them away from infection). Then every morning bath though that's depends on your country weather. You bath without shampooing their hair.

Thành viên VIP

Once a day with shampoo but it’s all up to you. As long as it’s before the sun sets so baby won’t get cold. Also can use excess breastmilk too :)

Daily. Though baby's skin is so sensitive, because of very hot weather, my baby girl enjoys shower for her to sleep peacefully. Alhamdullilah, a healthy baby ❤️