How many years have you been married? How do you keep the romance alive?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've been married for 4 years now. I guess it depends for every couple. When we're mad at each other over petty little things, we always call quits after 15 minutes of squabbling back and forth. We'll just shake on it and have a bite out soon after. I guess what I've learnt from this method is that, it does help a lot in keeping our love for each other alive – we tend to remind each other that the time we have together is too precious for being apart. Life is too short to get angry over an open toilet seat.

Read more

Unfortunately, I cannot answer this on my own experience but from what my aunt & uncle says (they're married for 54 years!), it's not about who is perfect for you but it's about who you choose to be with to face all those crappy situations. Those of heart2heart talks, healthy sex life and lots of honesty and loyalty and major commitment to the family. This is what I believe helps.

Read more

We've been married for a little over 2 years, we keep it alive by being encouraging to each other and avoiding any comments - sarcastic or not - that won't make us stronger. We do point out when each other is in the wrong, but it is with the emphasis of making us better overall. We also act super silly :P

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Today is our 3rd anniv! Wohoo... but we've been together for 11 years. For me, the key is honesty, threw away jealousy and healthy sex life. Also, try to be attention to details. For example when your hubby running out of cologne, buy them before he asked you to put in on your groceries list. Small thing, matters.

Read more

Been married for 4 years. We keep the marriage going by spending time with each other and doing simple things for each other to make the other feel special. We're always together so it's much more challenging and there's more room for argument, but we have to always find ways to keep the relationship going.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

We have been together 8 years now and keeping romance alive is least of our worries. We still make sure to do weekly date nights and yearly holiday. Trust me, sometimes its in your hands to get the romance magic on. Go for a romantic dinner, actually dress up. and get drunk.

We've been married for 5 years. In our pre-marriage seminar, the lecturer discussed the five love languages and it really helped us a lot. My husband and I take the exam every 6 months so we know our "updated" love language and be able to fill each other's love tank.

I am married for 8 years now and we keep the romance alive by dedicating a day in a month for each other. If I forget, my husband does something special for me. Be it coming early from office and cooking for me or taking me out on a dinner date or a movie.

We've been married for 10 years. Keeping the romance alive means making time for each other no matter how busy life gets. It's talking, laughing and doing things together. Most important is keeping the Lord at the center of the relationship.

Thành viên VIP

We been married for 4 years. Communication is the key to a success relationship. We still date each other during weekends if there is chance when baby is at my in laws' place or my parents' house. Every night we will have some chat too