Being alone in delivery & after in hospital.

Has anyone been in a situation where you are alone during delivery or after birth in hospital? Ur hubby or anyone is not around to be there for some reasons. How do u mentally faced it emotionally?#pleasehelp

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! My husband wasn't around when I was pushed to the delivery suite (admitted 3 days earlier due to PPROM) so I called him to come down to the hospital. So he was with me when I was in labour but had to leave after I gave birth to fetch our kids home from his parents cos it's already night time and the kids has school the next day. That was the first time I was left alone. He was always there before and after birth with our previous pregnancies but due to the above reason, he can't stay. I was exhausted from the labour so I just bade him goodbye & sleep. You won't be alone actually cos the nurses will come to check on you every now & then until they push you to the maternity ward. For me I chose B2 ward cos I prefer to have other patients with me although it can be a little tad noisy with the cries from other babies but I don't mind at all as long as I don't have to sleep alone 😅

Read more
3y trước

No problem! Trust me you don't have time to feel alone cos you'll be very exhausted from the labour, all you want is to sleep. Even if your hub can't make it to your labour, it's fine! The nurses & midwife/gynae are there for you, to hold your hands/head to support you. But again what is peace when you're staying in the hospital, right? Of course the nurses will keep checking on your temperature & your bp to make sure you're alright.

Hi, my hubby was there with me for my 1st delivery. But he’s more like a white elephant. As if got possessed. Couldn’t move a muscle😂 pity him.!. after giving birth I was all alone in ward as I told him to go back. It’s already late night. Nurses are very helpful tho. I’m due soon and this round time hubby won’t be there as he needs to take care of my toddler. Trust me, you don’t really have time to feel lonely before and after delivery. You can even req to keep your newborn baby with you all the time. ☺️ and alwayS get help frm the nurses when needed.

Read more
3y trước

You sre one strong mom. We can make it together dis time round!

Hi I had an ectopic preg operation last year during CB and was in icu, during my time there I also met ladies who just gave birth alone. It was very sad but everyone understand it’s for the safety of patients. I think we all just focus on getting well asap so that we can go home soon and be with our hubby! Just a few nights hang in there 💪

Read more
Influencer của TAP

my husband able to be in Ops Theatre with me but after deliver I was alone cause he needs to take care my boy no time to feel lonely cause newborn with me throughout the 3days stay at hospital and my boy keep asking papa to video call me, also nurse visit every 2-3hours

Thành viên VIP

I recently got delivered.. and I feel the same before delivery, but the staff will take care well, anyways u need good rest n u will get it only In the hospital, don’t worry mama .. everything will be alright .. take care

a friend of mine, her husband was tested covid positive when she giving birth. so she ended up giving birth alone. normal delivery, baby is healthy 4kg+.

3y trước

Oh dear. She coped alone during her stay in hospital? She is very strong.