Induced at 39 weeks

Any mummies have gone through induced labour at 39 weeks? I will be 39 weeks tomorrow and I have an appointment with my gynae tomorrow morning. I thought of asking for induction because I am feeling pain in every part of my body, especially my pelvic area whenever I walk or do housework. And I have painful cramps too. Really need some advice and thoughts here. Thank you.

72 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi. I got induced at 39 weeks for my firstborn last year. She was born 2 days earlier than her EDD. I didnt plan to be induced but my baby's heartbeat dropped and stopped for awhile. The doc did allow me to go home and think abt it at my own risk though. But, i would never wanna go through induce ever again because it was sooo painful. My contractions was EVERY minute (cz i noted it down) for like 2 or 3 hrs until i decided to go for epidural. Mine was the one whr they insert inducing tab/pill in my V. I NEVER imagined it was done that way bcz my friend was induced by the drip. So i was TOTALLY shocked and kinda felt demoralised tbh. Cz i didnt expect it. But yeah. Probably ask your gynae what kind of inducing method will they be doing and make sure you are comfortable with it. Bestof luck and may you have a safe amd smooth delivery! 🌷

Read more