Feeling depressed

Feeling really depressed as it seemed like baby doesn't like me... He cries so much when I carry him and refuse to sleep, but seemed so calm when my MIL or confinement nanny carries him and sleeps soundly. My MIL and nanny also kept making comments such as its because the way I carry the baby is uncomfortable for him, I dont know how to carry him, I am not good at calming him etc, I'm slow in diaper changing, I can't understand his cries etc... My MIL blames me whenever baby cries too. I'll be the only one taking care of him once the nanny leaves as my family will be working in their respective offices. I'm not confident that I'll be able to handle him alone and put him to sleep etc. It's only 3 weeks since baby is out and I feel like a failure as a mom already.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Went through the same thing last month after giving birth and still trying to get out of it ... so you are definitely not alone. Just know that at the end its your baby and he/she will definitely be fine under your care. There is no right or wrong as long as baby is healthy and unharmed. We all just need to get use to each other (baby and yourself) so give yourself time plus i learnt that whatever works the first time may not work subsequent times (when it comes to soothing baby). Dont give up stay strong.

Read more