Feeling depressed

Feeling really depressed as it seemed like baby doesn't like me... He cries so much when I carry him and refuse to sleep, but seemed so calm when my MIL or confinement nanny carries him and sleeps soundly. My MIL and nanny also kept making comments such as its because the way I carry the baby is uncomfortable for him, I dont know how to carry him, I am not good at calming him etc, I'm slow in diaper changing, I can't understand his cries etc... My MIL blames me whenever baby cries too. I'll be the only one taking care of him once the nanny leaves as my family will be working in their respective offices. I'm not confident that I'll be able to handle him alone and put him to sleep etc. It's only 3 weeks since baby is out and I feel like a failure as a mom already.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hi mummy I'm so sorry you're feeling that way, you are definitely not a failure. You're the one who sacrificed your comfort and body to produce a baby for 9 months and now your body is still healing, hormones are regulating, sounds like you might be suffering from PPD as well. I had PPD for about a month after birth and I cried a lot and the little things people say can really affected me. It would really help if people like MIL, nanny are more sensitive and understanding of your feelings. Can you try conveying how you feel to them? Let them know it is insensitive and unhelpful to criticise a mummy who just gave birth recently and still recovering. Newborn babies can be very difficult and it's stressful when they keep crying, but I can assure you it will get better and better. Once they start sleeping better, regulate themselves better, start babbling and laughing, that's when you reap the reward of the first few difficult weeks. So hang in there ok you will reach there in no time 🤗

Read more
4y trước

Thank you so much ❤ It's really nice knowing someone out there understand!! I'll jiayous for baby 💪🏻💪🏻