How to Balance Parenthood with Other Parts of Your Life

Hello everyone! Excited to “see” you! I am Kristy Yong (BS (PSYCH), M.Coun, Internationally Licensed Counsellor with Australian Counselling Association) Director of Oasis Counselling Services Together with the team at TheAsianParent, we would love to address your concerns about all your balancing parenting and work stress. Leave your questions in the comment section below, and we will do our best to respond to them! Topic: How to Balance Parenthood with Other Parts of Your Life Date: Wednesday, 26th April 2023 Time: 8-9pm

How to Balance Parenthood with Other Parts of Your Life
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What should be the priority when it comes to parenthood? Is it possible to find balance in life after being a young parents?

12mo trước

Hi, being young working parents it can be really challenging in today's world to find that balance between work and being a parent. But i would say this is not impossible at all, i would usually encourage young parents to find their values and make intentional decision based on their actions. Eg if one's value is time spent with children, then despite in the working days, choose a few pockets in the day where you can spent time with your child. The time spend doesnt have to be long 2 hours, it can be as short as 30 mins each day with them after your work or before bed time. It can seem impossible and challenging at first, but if we are intentionally thinking and making plans for it, it will never happen that's why we find it hard to find time for it. Im sure we all know the quote that goes, there's a will there's a way. If we dont intentionally plan for it, it will never happened. I hope this helps!