Epidural Pain Management

Does epidural really works when it comes to pain management? Am thinking of natural birth but am afraid to go through the pain during labor.. which gynae would you recommend for natural birth? Thanks

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had epidural for all my 3 kids as i am afriad of pain. It helped me to rest, before i gave birth and also helped me to dilate faster. So instead of all the intense pain from contraction, you can at least rest before you gave birth. You actually dilate faster when you are relaxed. For my 2nd kid and 3rd kid child birth, after 1 to 2 hour of having epidural, my dilation from 7cm (for my 2nd child) and 5cm (for my 3rd child), it dilate to 10cm. Even though i can feel the contraction, but it is not as intense as compared without epidural.

Read more
2y trước

I basically relaxed and do not need any laughing gas after epidural. But while waiting for epidural, i was on laughing gas all the time, thus can't give you much tips. But if you can torelant pain, you can try breathing exercise. As for some mummies, it do helps a littlr in managing contraction pain, but i have no experience in this.😅