Epidural Pain Management

Does epidural really works when it comes to pain management? Am thinking of natural birth but am afraid to go through the pain during labor.. which gynae would you recommend for natural birth? Thanks

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me it’s laughing gas during contractions then epidural after that = painless labour. I was too high on gas and epi to even feel the needles and all. Do note that you have to reach a certain dilation in order for them to give you epidural. Not really sure how many cm tho.

2y trước

Yup! I was high on gas then they gave me epidural (I rmb I was so high that my anaesthetist told me pls don’t roll off the bed while injecting the epidural ahahah), IV insertation after epidural. Because of my fear of needles, I didn’t go for GD test, neither did I opt for any whooping cough or flu vaccination. I only went for my vaccinations (for covid cause I need to be fully vaccinated to give birth at TMC) and Oscar (1 blood test) which was damn painful 🥲 No I don’t think they gave me any cream, just the normal ‘wipe’ before they insert the needle. Whatever is it just hug the laughing gas before contractions gets intense, then tell them you want epidural. The rest you can’t feel already. I was hugging the pipe even after epidural 😂