3rd Trimester. Swelling wrists and wrist joints pain

Hi... Does anyone experience pain on your wrist joints with visible swelling? I'm experiencing it. It's limiting my hand movements. Pushing myself out of bed with my hands is a torture. It's painful to comb my hair and putting on clothes.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yeah it’s normal. I’m currently experiencing it as well. Doctor say is due to nerve and water retention but didn’t suggest anything to ease it so I guess they also cannot help much 😣 Tried icing it but don’t really work as well. Used a wrist guard and it restrict the movement so it helps a little but kind of troublesome. Can consider using it and hope it helps!

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Could it be carpal tunnel syndrome? I had it during pregnancy and I couldn’t do a lot of activities because of it. The pain was too much that I couldn’t sleep and just cry at night coz there’s nothing much I can do. I can’t even do as simple as massaging my hair during shower or cutting fruits.

Sadly its normal ☹ i even have difficulties holding a pen or toothbrush. Gynae advised to massage fingers downwards towards the palm. All ths is due to pressure on the nerves coz of the water retention

Influencer của TAP

It's normal. Mine was due to drinking too much water after I cut down I got better.

I had that as well. It was a torture. I couldn’t even write or sign at work :(

Thành viên VIP

Do see a doctor asap, take care!

Thank you all for sharing ❤

It's normal