Dear parents, how early do u plan for an overseas trip (taking flight) with your baby?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not sure if any of the above answered ur question - whether u are asking how old their kids were when first travel or how much planning was done I have not brought my baby overseas yet but my sister brought hers last year. Depends on if u are going tour, or free and easy or cruise etc. tour and cruise might be easier as u can get the operator to know and find out how they can help u and then u add from there. Tour could make u some enemies if ur baby cries too much or friends if ur baby is friendly etc, people are generally helpful to land a hand when needed. U definitely need 2-3 weeks of planning in advance to check the child-friendly facilities at the hotel or the attractions that u will be heading to, if the supplies u need for baby can be found there at the supermarkets or where else. With regards to flight, it helps to bring along ur babies favorite toys and a handful of new toys for surprises - if u babywear - u could wear baby when the "seatbelt" signs are off. I guess there is no way of rehearsing the flight experience. During take off and landing, it's also good to feed baby so that they are constantly swallowing and will not be too affected by the pressure change

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Just did a short getaway with my #14week LO. The flight time was short but I guess choosing the flight time which is close to his sleeping or nap time really helps. LO slept through the flight departing, didn't even wake up during turbulence. I let him suckle before plane take off and he drifted off to sleep really quickly. Did the same for the return flight.

Read more

Hi, We took our baby to California when she was just two months old. The flight was too long but she coped well. Just make sure that you have everything that a baby would need. Since my baby was breastfeeding then, I did not have to do much preparation apart from her diapers and clothes. I mean no feeding bottles and no tension about sterilising them.

Read more

Brought my son to JB when he was 3 months old, and almost every month since. His first flight at 10 months old. And first ferry ride at 11 months old. Car ride is easy. Flight i would pack 3 days before and buy everything i need a week before, similar for ferry. Practice makes perfect. After a few trips, you'll get seasoned

Read more
Thành viên VIP

We had our 1st flight when my gal is about 3mths old.. An hour flight, a short one. I breastfeed during take off & landing to make sure the pressure in her ears are taken care of.. A carrier is very important too to ensure bb sleep during the flight journey 😂

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-18509)

Ours was around 3 to 4 months. Do a research on where you are going to pack accordingly. I would not pack so much baby food and diapers and all those stuff that you can easily find from a convenience store.

I did even when baby was a infant. Took a long drive up to kl when he was about 3months old. Haha those were the days!

Thành viên VIP

We planned the trip way before i delivered 😂But we travelled when my girl was almost 4 months old

I'll be bringing bb on flight when he is 10 months old as I'm worried that I can't cope haha