Dear parents, how early do u plan for an overseas trip (taking flight) with your baby?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not sure if any of the above answered ur question - whether u are asking how old their kids were when first travel or how much planning was done I have not brought my baby overseas yet but my sister brought hers last year. Depends on if u are going tour, or free and easy or cruise etc. tour and cruise might be easier as u can get the operator to know and find out how they can help u and then u add from there. Tour could make u some enemies if ur baby cries too much or friends if ur baby is friendly etc, people are generally helpful to land a hand when needed. U definitely need 2-3 weeks of planning in advance to check the child-friendly facilities at the hotel or the attractions that u will be heading to, if the supplies u need for baby can be found there at the supermarkets or where else. With regards to flight, it helps to bring along ur babies favorite toys and a handful of new toys for surprises - if u babywear - u could wear baby when the "seatbelt" signs are off. I guess there is no way of rehearsing the flight experience. During take off and landing, it's also good to feed baby so that they are constantly swallowing and will not be too affected by the pressure change

Read more