Can I get the full custody of my child after my divorce?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The Court generally consider the following areas as major decision making: 1 Medical issues like whether the child is to be hospitalized or a particular surgery should be performed on the child. 2 Educational issues like the choice of school, choice of enrichment classes, choice of course in school, choice of subjects, whether the child is to attend a particular school trip or outing, or tuition. 3 Religious issues like the religious instruction of the child, attendance at places of worship, undergoing religious ceremonies, etc. If you want a 'sole custody', order where the right is given to one parent to make major decisions for the child without the agreement of the other parent. These days, the Court who although may grant a sole custody order will sometimes also includes an order that the custodial parent must consult (or even obtain the consent of) the other parent when making decisions on specified matters, for example, choice of school, choice of course in school and so on. http://www.wwlegal.com/posts/sole-custody-joint-custody-or-care-and-control-what-in-the-world-do-they-mean/

Read more
Thành viên VIP

The Court will decide who gets the custody of the child. The Court will take into account the wishes of both parents, as well as the child (if he is old enough to express his opinion), but ultimately the Court will take into account different factors and prioritise the interest of the child. This, of course, includes finances as well as future family environment. http://www.lawsociety.org.sg/forPublic/YoutheLaw/CustodyMaintenance.aspx

Read more

There are so many reasons that impact a custody case - I would strongly suggest seeking local legal advice and seeing what they say. Make sure you are fully prepared before you go (otherwise you may need to make a second costly appointment to bring back more information).

Thành viên VIP

It’s depends .. ur partner also every right to hv his child .. so just show up ur rights

It depends on the court judgment. Court decide who can get full custody of the child.

Depends. If u caught he is cheating then probably high chance

thanks

Depends...So many factors involved

It depends on the court.

Depends on the court