My mother-in-law always posts photos of my child on social media, and I don't like it!

Before our child was born, my husband and I agreed not to post our child's face on social media. We even told people not to post pictures of our baby on social media without our permission. Everyone was fine with it... except for my mother-in-law. She often posts pictures of our child's face without our permission. For some people, this might seem trivial, but for us, it's a big issue. We are very aware of the potential dangers on social media. Whether it's misuse or something else, we are determined to protect our child from these threats! But my mother-in-law doesn't want to understand. When we talked to her, she blamed me, saying I was ashamed of having a child. She questioned why she couldn't be proud of her grandchild. She even said I wasn't fit to be a parent and that everyone does it. She told me not to be ridiculous! I wonder if troublesome in-laws like this could just disappear from the face of the earth.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Totally understand how you feel. For me,I feel that most elderly don't respect our decisions.They think they are always right especially when taking care of babies.They have 101 of their saying but they forget that it is not their own kids.

I also haven’t posted my daughter on social media. And prefer not to even though before I gave birth to her I would post bits and pieces of my life on social medial but I too don’t feel comfortable posting my daughter .

Worst part one social media account of theirs will be linked to one another. From fb to whatsapp story to insta story 🥲🥲

Influencer của TAP

🥴 every parent should be respected

💕

💕

💕

💕

💕