Is 1 month of confinement a must?

It's been tough securing a CL these days. I don't even feel comfortable putting down a deposit for them. Caucasians don't do confinement the way we asians do. Can mothers please share their confinement experience? Do you really feel too weak etc to cook confinement meals yourself while taking care of baby? Do we really really a CL/mother to do confinement for us?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I've heard that the way some caucasian mums do confinement is that they will cook and freeze their meals before they give birth. When they reach home after discharge from hospital, they will just pull out meal packs from the freezer to heat up and eat. I don't think its really the way you should be putting food in your tummy even on a regular basis, much less when your body is trying to recover from childbirth, but they make do because they may not have the support system to enable them to do otherwise. If u are worried about availability of help, perhaps you could order confinement tingkat and enlist your mum help to help care for baby in the first few days at least.

Read more