Night time arrangements

Hello, i was wondering if anyone can share their night time baby responsibilities between husband, yourself and helper after confinement nanny leaves? I am currently 3 weeks post partum and the confinement nanny has been taking the night time duty of feeding / changing diapers. I just wake up 1-2 times to pump. We trust her because many of my relatives have used her and she is very experienced with new borns However, our nanny leaves next week and our helper will be coming soon. I don’t feel comfortable letting my helper do the night time feeds / changing diaper as we don’t know her yet. My husband however thinks the helper should do the night job so we can rest at night and let helper rest in the day for about 2 hours Can anyone share how you handle the night time responsibilities between different people? Thank you! #pleasehelp #FTM #nightfeed

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I dont have a helper. But on my POV for morning/afternoon routine I would have helper handle while night routine would be me/spouse. Reason being is we can both take turns to change diaper, pump milk, feeding baby. If you let your helper handle baby at night. Chances of her not doing her task properly in the morning/afternoon would affect her work. She still need to do house chores and handle your baby most of the time. You can get rest in the afternoon and if your spouse does too. Also if you give your helper rest for two hours, what are the chances she would rest ? Would her rest be disturb? And since your nanny leaves next week, take the chance to know your baby routine and handle it on your own with your spouse. If anything you are unsure, nanny would be around to help.

Read more
5mo trước

Most welcome. Hopefully you get the hang of her routines. All the best.

My husband has work so he will do 1 night feeding and the rest will be the helper cos I’ll be pumping. But for me, the helper was already here when nanny was here so she learnt from her. We also have the baby monitor anyway. But since yours is new, you’ll probably want to monitor her and do the feedings yourselves first until she’s trusted to do by herself. We let her rest from 9/10pm and she can wake up at 8am, and gave her 2 hours break if she wants during the day so that she has enough rest.. priority is baby :)

Read more