Is 1 month of confinement a must?

It's been tough securing a CL these days. I don't even feel comfortable putting down a deposit for them. Caucasians don't do confinement the way we asians do. Can mothers please share their confinement experience? Do you really feel too weak etc to cook confinement meals yourself while taking care of baby? Do we really really a CL/mother to do confinement for us?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Food wise is not an issue. There’s tingkat for confinement food. I feel that for me, I needed CL more to help with caring for the baby. Because it’s very tiring, and you have other things to worry about/ be occupied with like breastfeeding/pumping etc. And you need rest and time to recover. Also, you can’t really predict if you will have depression/ be extremely emotional - if so, you need all the help you can get. That said, I have friends who didn’t use CL and sailed through. So it depends on you - are you able to take stress and take on multiple duties?

Read more
4y trước

Thank you for sharing your experience

It’s doable without a CL. I am a FTM and survive without a CL but I’m glad I have my mom to help me. However the other 50% of task I am managing it myself. Downside is I feel myself really very tired and frustrated and I didn’t have energy to pump at all. Hence my baby didn’t really receive much breast milk from me. In terms of recovery I am feeling fine, just abit of backaches that I think all mothers will experience regardless of having a CL or not. I think you can order confinement meals to cut down the time to do groceries shopping and cooking

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Confinement is important to help in your recovery, I feel. Your body is under a lot of stress from pregnancy and childbirth. It’s definitely good to have a CL to help take care of your baby, prepare nourishing meals and be that extra pair of helping hands. I was very irritable and weak for the first 3 weeks due to the pain, lack of sleep and discomfort.My CL helped me take care of my baby, prepare my bath water, red date tea, reminded me to rest and not touch cold water. It will be beneficial when I get older... I believed her!

Read more

1st preg had cl for 5 weeks .. managed to get rest as she will helped even in the middle of the night so I just concentrate pump milk, eat, massage and rest. And play with bb... now 2nd preg, no intention to get cl, hub planning to take 3 weeks leave to help. Plus I engaged a helper already...

i took care of baby myself completely & refused to let anyone else do it, i’m staying with my mum still. everything baby related i settle, food wise i just get hubby to dabao, it was really tiring but i wouldn’t have it any other way

Influencer của TAP

I did... understandably tough to get one this period though... do order confinement food, someone else to take care of the housework as well as help care for your baby while u r getting much needed rest... take care 😘

better to get help, eithe CL or family.. take this time to recover and gather strength thereafter to take care of baby yourself

Super Mom

I didn't have a confinement nanny.. I ordered confinement food catering. Not a must but good to have..

Super Mom

Being a mummy is tough so it will be a good rest where they cook for u and do the dishes etc.

Super Mom

I did and it’s really good. It prepares you for the journey ahead