Is 1 month of confinement a must?

It's been tough securing a CL these days. I don't even feel comfortable putting down a deposit for them. Caucasians don't do confinement the way we asians do. Can mothers please share their confinement experience? Do you really feel too weak etc to cook confinement meals yourself while taking care of baby? Do we really really a CL/mother to do confinement for us?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had c-sec in end Mar and my CL only came 2 days after my hospital discharge. As a FTM, there were things I am not sure (e.g. breastfeeding, how to bathe a newborn). I had very little sleep those 2 days. My mum and MIL took turns to cook lunch and dinner for me. Baby kept waking up at night and didn't drink milk often. When my CL came, she has been a great help. Someone who helps to take care of my baby so that i can have more rest. She also provides advice on breastfeeding. I thought i was mentally prepared for motherhood but in reality, it is very different from what I had expected. First week was the toughest and I am still learning now. Hopefully, i can cope myself when the CL leaves

Read more