Is 1 month of confinement a must?

It's been tough securing a CL these days. I don't even feel comfortable putting down a deposit for them. Caucasians don't do confinement the way we asians do. Can mothers please share their confinement experience? Do you really feel too weak etc to cook confinement meals yourself while taking care of baby? Do we really really a CL/mother to do confinement for us?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Can your hubby have time or willing to help out household chores daily? If no, consider get part time maid? Or the best option is to enroll your mother or your mother in law to help do the confinement. The confinement food if they dunno how to cook, can order those Tingkat. But best is home cooked confinement food, more nutrition and the quality and quantity is better. My mother and Mother in law did confinement and cooked confinement meals for my wife, she ate it for 1.5 months to replenish her body. If you don't do your confinement well, General Chinese old folk perception is that your body will suffer (such as body aches or body pain) later on as you age.

Read more
4y trước

Take care of your own health, when you are healthy then you are able to take care of your baby and your family. Health is above everything.