My infant don’t want to interact with me

My baby is 4 months now and he is in a “daddy’s boy” phase where he only likes to look at his dad and communicate with him. Everytime he is with me, he will be quiet and always look away. Is this normal? I feel sad. I tried so many ways to get his attention to communicate and play with him but he always just doesn’t acknowledge me :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh dear, it can be really challenging when your little one seems to have a preference for one parent over the other, but rest assured, this is not uncommon. Babies go through phases, and their preferences can change quite frequently. At 4 months old, your baby is starting to become more aware of his surroundings and the people in his life. It's possible that he currently finds something particularly comforting or entertaining about his daddy, but that doesn't mean he doesn't love or need you just as much! Here are a few tips that might help you bond with your baby: 1. **Skin-to-Skin Contact:** Spend time holding him close to you. Skin-to-skin contact can be incredibly soothing for both of you and can help strengthen your bond. 2. **Playtime:** Find activities that he enjoys and try to engage him during these times. Simple games like peek-a-boo, singing songs, or reading colorful picture books can capture his attention. 3. **Face-to-Face Interaction:** When he’s calm, try laying him on a soft surface and getting down at his eye level. Make funny faces, talk to him softly, and see if you can catch his interest that way. 4. **Feeding Time:** If you’re breastfeeding, these moments can be very bonding. If you're bottle-feeding, try to make eye contact and talk to him gently while feeding. 5. **Routine Care:** Changing diapers, giving baths, and dressing him can all be opportunities to interact and build a connection. Make these moments enjoyable by talking and singing to him. 6. **Stay Positive:** Babies can pick up on emotions. Try to stay relaxed and happy, even if he seems uninterested. Your positive energy will eventually attract his attention. Remember, this phase will likely pass, and soon enough, he'll be equally interested in spending time with both of his loving parents. Patience and persistence are key. You're doing a wonderful job, and your baby loves you more than you know! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
Influencer của TAP

until my LOs could talk, there seemed to be a gap between us but all that changed once they could talk

💕