Paracetamol use

Hi anyone took paracetamol to ease pain in first trimester (currently 5w + 3 days) and really have bad pains on shoulder, can’t sleep at all. But I don’t want to risk it. what do I do???

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! I totally get where you're coming from. Dealing with pain during pregnancy can be really tough, especially when you're worried about the safety of medications. It's great that you're being cautious about what you're putting into your body while pregnant. When it comes to taking paracetamol (also known as acetaminophen) during the first trimester, the general consensus is that it's safe to use when taken at the recommended dosage. Many healthcare providers consider it to be the go-to medication for pain relief during pregnancy. However, it's always best to consult with your doctor before taking any medication, especially if you have specific concerns. If you're experiencing bad shoulder pain and having trouble sleeping, there are also some non-medication strategies you can try to ease your discomfort. Using a heating pad or taking a warm bath can help relax tense muscles. Gentle stretching exercises or prenatal yoga may also provide some relief. Additionally, making sure you're in a comfortable sleeping position with extra pillows for support can make a difference. Remember, it's important to prioritize your well-being and comfort during pregnancy. If you're still struggling with the pain, definitely reach out to your healthcare provider for personalized advice. Hang in there, mama! You're doing great. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Yes, paracetamol is the only thing the doctors will approve you to take during pregnancy.. I have gout flares and my usual painkiller like Arcoxia was off the list when i told them about my pregnancy. They told me to go with only Paracetamol to ease the pain and swelling 😒

hii paracetamol is consider safe. Can take if the pain is unbearable. Besides it wont do any good if mummy is stress abt the pain. It will bring stress to the baby too. i understand the guilt feeling when taking them. gladly it works aft taking.

I tried to avoid all meds throughout pregnancy but I think I did take paracetamol once for a migraine during first tri and all was well. It’s safe actually! If you really can’t take the pain.

Just paracetamol is ok, not those extra strong or muscle relaxant. My doctor prescribed Paracetamol for my fever when i got covid when pregnant.

I took paracetamol after having my flu vaccine due to headache. the nurse said can take normal paracetamol but not the extra ones.

Hi, I’m current 9w + 1, my Dr did mentioned it is safe and prescribed me paracetamol when I was 6/7w for migraines/sore throat

Hi remember to take normal panadol not those extra kind etc. Try to take in moderation too.

💕

💕