Newborn Hearing Screen

My 2 days old newborn baby discharged from hospital with both ear hearing test fail. The test didn’t reach the line bar. Need to come again for another urine test sample for hearing. Did any mummy have the same experience as me? Im worried. I cant even have a peaceful mind & sleep thinking about him. I love him so much, looking at his adorable face.. i hope the next test will pass. My son givebirth normal delivery, 40weeks and 2.75kg.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it shouldn't be an issue as it will clear itself up once the amniotic fluid dries up. my baby back then also failed his right ear test so we went back to the hospital to repeat the test 2 weeks after he was born. all was well.

There might be fluids in your baby’s ears after delivery as they have been in amniotic water for some time. It will take some time to be cleared. Don’t worry so much! Your baby will be fine :) ❤️

Read more

My failed twice then later we realise he didn’t react to loud noises, when to kkh to check and he was diagnosed with profound hearing loss. But ur case might be just fluid so just monitor first

Sending you some positive vibes!