Fever

Hi my wife has fever 37.7 she dunwan go doctor as the medicine may harm the baby. Plz advise.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Pls see a doctor. I had fever during my pregnancy too & I realized tht I take longer to recover, compared to my usual.... Doc will prescribe preggy-safe meds. So no worries! :) Hope she gets well soonest.

Best to see doctor. In the meantime, do sponging regularly. (Damp cloth and wipe all over body. Ensure fan /aircond is off). And use koolfever to drive the heat off the forehead.

Super Mom

Just let the doctor know, they will prescribe pregnancy safe medicine. Agree with other poster, high fever can be harmful for baby so it's better to keep it in check. Take care!

Fever is a tricky thing as it could be a result of an infection or be something as regular as a flu bug. But, best to rule out anything sinister and head over to the doctors.

It's even more dangerous if she dowan see doctor as the fever might spike and might harm baby. Better call gynae office and see what they have to say.

Super Mom

Get her to drink more water and rest. I had fever during pregnancy too. I just drank lots of water and my fever subsided.

Thành viên VIP

Please advise your wife to see the doctor. They will not give any meds not safe during pregnancy don’t worry