My wife is expecting our first child and she is currently around 4 weeks into the pregancy.. she went for a scan but we could not see any baby but there the presence of the GS and YS... the doctor told us to come back for scan in 2 weeks as most likely its still growning and too small to be seen... has any mummies have similar experience? My wife is a bit worried though i always try to keep her positive...

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Definitely normal. 4weeks can't see much from the scan and can't heartbeat. 8 weeks is the best time to see and hear all these. In fact when I first went to check up at 4 weeks the Gynae said no point to waste money on scan as can't see much. I just did urine test and was asked to come back at 8weeks

Read more

congrats! did ur doc do normal scan on ur wife?my first scan was at a&e. i admitted due to stomach cramp. They can't use normal scan on me. coz i was just in my 8 weeks. they use the vaginal scan on me. and i can see my baby still small (still can see the tails). hehe.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-23439)

Thành viên VIP

Nothing to worry about! The wonderful thing about human life is that we all start all so, very teeny tiny. I went for my first scan at 5.5 weeks and my son was just a small dot way back then :x Congratulations!

Super Mom

Same for me! I went in for my first scan around that time & doctor could find any GS. Went back again two weeks after & we could see the GS, and heartbeat flickering on the screen :) Take caree!

Normally 8 weeks only can see. When I make appointment with the clinic once I suspect I pregnant, reception helped me scheduled the appointment during week 8.

hi sorry all. can I ask how do u count the preggy weeks? i havent been to any gyne yet.. isit start counting from the last day of menses?

5y trước

yeah, if i can recall from my gynea. the first week after ur menses is counted as 0 week, the the following week is 1 week.

Thành viên VIP

Congrats!! 4 weeks is usually too small to see anything defined. You should be able to see baby more clearly during the next scan!

U all must be so excited to have found out that ur Wife is preg at 4 wks! U won't see much even at 6 wks, just the sac maybe

It happened to me as well! Went to KKH and they scheduled me for 2 more weeks. Don’t worry just make sure she rest well :)