Tell me

What is your relationship like with your mum? I cant say great stuff as mine is rather toxic

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Very close. Though we have our disagreements every now and then. & I recall disagreeing with some confinement practices that she wanted me to do. I do share with her if not all, but most things & though we live in different countries before I gave birth, we spoke everyday. Now she’s here looking after my LO...& is positively obsessed and so in love with her new grandchild :) I guess what made me be even more grateful to her is after I go through pregnancy, delivery and now raising a child of my own. I now know the challenges, and is very thankful for her being so strong.. Do agree that some mums are just tough shells to crack and they just outleash this toxic feeling. Gotta give in to them at times. Afterall, we only have one mum in life. If you’ve got to open up and be honest to them. You should.... Jiayou babe. Be strong okay... 💪🏽

Read more

My mum is very manipulative and abusive. After finding out that I am pregnant. My husband and myself kept a distance from her. As much as possible we don't want our child to have any close contact with her. I don't hate/dislike my mum but I can't forget the abuses I had received from her since young. The biggest setback is when my mum insulted me and tell lies about me to my husband and relatives. Even during the period when I am pregnant. She continue to tell lies about me over and over again. 😭

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Honestly we don’t know the value of any person until they r away .. so pls wether good or bad don’t hate our parents ... they don’t stay long with us .. how long they stay just better to make them happy

Very bad since young because she only loves boys and I am the only girl. When i was single, she always say she will teach my kids in future to mistreat me. I took her words for it, my kids are very distant from her.

5y trước

Good job. Stay away from her

Had me when she was in her teens and gave me away to a relative. Not the rosiest of relationship but now that im a mother myself, im trying to be more positive as she mustve had her reasons.

Thành viên VIP

I think it's a love , can't stand each other kinda relationship 😜 But she loves my daughter very much and that's good enough for me!

Me and my mum have days we disagree on but she really is my strength. Wouldn’t be where i am today if it wasn’t for her. ❤️

Sometimes we end up arguing and sometimes we are working together in the kitchen or discussing health & medicines (she's a doctor).

Thành viên VIP

Why is it toxic? My mum is really my mental support especially so she took care of baby while I return back to work.

I won't understand cos my mum is the best. However I know people who have parent who are difficult. All the best.