What was one thing you would have done differently with your delivery?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Mine was a natural delivery with laughing gas. My husband was beside me all the way and the midwives were very supportive and accommodating. When my baby was about to come out, the midwives did ask if I wanted to touch my baby's head, but I was in too much pain to do so, so I declined. If I could turn back time, I would have liked to guide her out of the birth canal. Like Diana, I wish I had more pictures of her and of us right after birth, maybe a video or two to record her first cries.

Read more

Made sure my husband was okay! He was so busy focusing on me that he forgot to take care of himself. He wasn't drinking water much and didn't have a jacket on during my 18 hours of delivery. As a result, he was sick for the first few days of our daughter's life!

Take more pictures during the delivery and baby right after birth. I realised we have very little pictures to keep for memories.

Thành viên VIP

I would have basically tried to stayed calm and enjoyed the birthing process. I was panicky and nervous the entire time

I would have opt for epidural earlier! I had epidural at 6-7cm as I really cannot imagine the pain at 10.

I would have been more assertive (with the first one) about getting breastfeeding established.

I would have gotten myself admitted earlier so that I could take epidural ..

Take epidural from the start, and also i want to do the water birth!!!

thanks