what is a great place for a getaway?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are looking for a getaway within the country or overseas? If it's in the country, booking a staycation at a nice spa or hotel for a weekend would be nice. Room service, a clean spacious room and pampering -- sounds amazing to me and since you're not too far from home, you don't have to worry too much about parental or familial obligations (if any). In Singapore, I love staycations at Studio M because it's smack in the middle of Robertson Quay, close to Clarke Quay and pretty much the city area. Lots to do in that area. Sentosa can be great too, if you want a beach setting. As for regional getaways, Bintan is a good choice. It's close enough, about 50 minutes by boat and at the same time, "far enough" to feel like an actual vacation. I recommend Nirwana Gardens in Bintan -- the rooms are pretty, there is a private beach attached to the resort and there is this great Japanese restaurant on site, called Rin.

Read more
8y trước

Then you should consider Boracay Island in the Philippines. It's one of my favourite places in the world! There are direct flights from many major hubs and if flying from Singapore, it's about 3hrs++. You can laze around on the beach, try sea sports, go o

If you are going with kids, you can consider child friendly places like Australia and Japan. I was searching for getaway during June and I came across this link. http://www.honeykidsasia.com/singapore/mums-cat/direct-flight-destinations-from-singapore-family-holidays-in-asia-to-add-to-your-travel-bucket-list/#udYB4HtAkQvAYiXq.97 Quite interesting. You can read as reference. Currently SIA is having sale. You can also check it out. https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/special-offers/flight-from-Singapore/

Read more

Going to a country with mutual interest will be great. Like if both of you like the sea, Maldives will be awesome. Or if you are bringing kids along, you can choose to stay away from the crowded city area and go somewhere relaxing like Phuket. Both me and husband love Japanese culture, their food and lots of things there so Japan is a great place for us and it is kids friendly there too which is a plus point!

Read more

I second Reine Tsukino's suggestion! If you and your hubby love sand, sea and sun, I would definately recommend Maldives. The overwater bungalows are amazing. Just the two of you, waking up to nice view of the sea it's so therapeutic :) there will be a private pool and outdoor shower at the bungalow too. I believe it will be a great getaway just for the two of you.

Read more
Post reply image

It depends on your idea on a great place; beach, exotic place or shopping haven. I personally prefer Australia for nearby getaway. Travelling and exploring with my little ones in the tow, on free and easy, is a great and fuss free way.

We went Batam for a quick getaway. Cable ski, massage, and basically just relax to get away from the hectic lifestyle here. Not very scenic I would say.. but enjoyed trying new activity (cable skiing) and the massage. ;)

Read more
8y trước

that is great too

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5130)

Ao Nang, Krabi!

kenting, taiwan!!

8y trước

sounds great!!