what is a great place for a getaway?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are looking for a getaway within the country or overseas? If it's in the country, booking a staycation at a nice spa or hotel for a weekend would be nice. Room service, a clean spacious room and pampering -- sounds amazing to me and since you're not too far from home, you don't have to worry too much about parental or familial obligations (if any). In Singapore, I love staycations at Studio M because it's smack in the middle of Robertson Quay, close to Clarke Quay and pretty much the city area. Lots to do in that area. Sentosa can be great too, if you want a beach setting. As for regional getaways, Bintan is a good choice. It's close enough, about 50 minutes by boat and at the same time, "far enough" to feel like an actual vacation. I recommend Nirwana Gardens in Bintan -- the rooms are pretty, there is a private beach attached to the resort and there is this great Japanese restaurant on site, called Rin.

Read more
8y trước

Then you should consider Boracay Island in the Philippines. It's one of my favourite places in the world! There are direct flights from many major hubs and if flying from Singapore, it's about 3hrs++. You can laze around on the beach, try sea sports, go o