What do you get for the baby before his/her arrival? I have a friend who thinks it's bad luck to buy anything before the baby is here. Any suggestions on what is most crucial on day 01 of baby? (Her mum has been assigned to do the running around for that).

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cot/playpen/moses basket - whatever you choose for baby to sleep in crib bedding sets (I have at least 5 sets in case of diaper accidents) baby bath tub with a sling/seat/bed for newborn baby wash (I use Lactacyd Baby Bath for head to toe for now, but I also used this local organic lavender shampoo and wash for my firstborn which was really nice and mild) wet wipes newborn diapers grooming kit (must include brush with super soft bristles) healthcare kit (must include thermometer, dropper) bottles and nipples (to prepare for when you go back to work) bottle sterilizer bottle drying rack baby bottle dishwashing soap baby detergent Sling Pump Car Seat

Read more
Thành viên VIP

If you're talking about the bare essentials for Day 01, this is what I prepared for my baby: - A co-sleeper / Moses basket for easy access to the baby - Muslin swaddles (Aden & Anais is a good brand) or swaddles (SwaddleMe, ergococoon, grobag) - Cotton buds to clean the umbilical cord - Washcloths, towels - Set of newborn clothes with mittens, booties & hat - A baby bottle / syringe / cup for feeding in case your friend is unable to latch her baby. - Cloth nappies or disposable diapers - A small basin (newborn infants do not need baths. Wipe downs will do.) Other items can be purchased along the way.

Read more

Will also be good to prepare mittens and booties as well as a blanket or swaddle for the newborn.

I will usually get the newborn gift set which has everything needed for the baby's first day :)

thanks