What is the best way to teach a 6 yr old that losing in sports is a part of learning?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i think the best way to teach your child that losing is part of winning is to make them watch live matches. you could either take your kid to a live match nearby, or watch live recordings together. show your child how the losing sports person behaves even after losing out to the opponent. i'd say go for a recorded match so that you can see the reaction beforehand before showing your child. tell your child that losing a match is a way to understand what you did wrong, and you can always practice more, so that you are better in the next match. it may take some time for a 6 year old to understand, but it will happen eventually.

Read more

My dad used to make me and my brothers watch live sports matches to demonstrate that in life, there will always be winners and losers. Sometimes at these matches or competitions, the losing teams get participation medals and my dad would say that it's not the winning that's the most important, it's the experience and the fact that you tried. I didn't really agree with that when I was a kid because I loved winning but as I grew older, I realised that is indeed alot of wisdom to what my dad said.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-10321)