What is the best way to potty train my 2 year old?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wow Dazzle, this is such a great idea! I shall try out for my coming no.3 in future. For me, I let my boy go diaperless and bring him to toilet/potty every 2 hours. After 1 week, he is able to accustomed to the idea of using potty/toilet to pee. But for poo, it's a bit tricky as my boy is still quite young to communicate well. So everytime when we note him is quite and not moving, we will ask if he needs to poop and we will let him poop in toilet/potty. Also, we borrowed some potty stories books for him to understand and relate better. After 1 month, he will fully toilet trained.

Read more

First is you have to assess his readiness. Can he follow simple 2- to 3-word instructions? Does he know and understand the words poop and pee? Can he communicate with you when he does these two? If so, set a routine with him. Take him to the toilet at certain schedules and make him stand or sit on the potty even if he doesn't feel like doing anything. And the minute he poops or pees, direct him to the potty and explain that he needs to do it there. At a certain point, you will ask him to inform you that he needs to poop or pee before the fact so you can both rush to the potty!

Read more

A neat trick my sister learned from her friend was to put just a bit of food colouring in the toilet. When the water is dyed red for example, and your 2 year old pees into it, the water turns orange! She did this with different colours and her toddler was always excited to go to the toilet!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1374)

I have a friend followed the guides in this book and managed to potty train her son in a week successfully.

Post reply image

thanks