5 Replies

I’ve been taking aspirin since week 20 too, as gynae says i have high risk of preeclampsia due to high blood pressure. I checked with him during my last check up if i still need to continue to take, he said i shall take till few weeks before delivery. I think it is ok to take aspirin since it’s a professional advice from doctor

taking aspirin in pregnancy is pretty common! it's commonly to prevent or delay the onset of preeclampsia. Other suggested indications for low-dose aspirin have included prevention of stillbirth, fetal growth restriction, preterm birth, and early pregnancy loss.

i am taking aspirin too as gynae says i may have high risk for high blood pressure - i was diagnosed since 3 months and have been taking ever since. i was worried as well but consequences of preeclampsia is very serious - so i decided to trust my gynae

I took since week 16-36. It’s ok. Aspirin can delay pre eclampsia. If you have pre eclampsia, you have to deliver the baby straight away. So I would suggest listen to ur gynae and don’t “play doctor” .

My doc prescribed aspirin from week 6.. same reason - high risk for preeclampsia as above 35

Trending Questions

Related Articles