Usually mom use ikan bilis stock to make porridge for lo . May i know what other meat stock to enhanced nice flavour in the porridge. I ever used chicken stock. But totally no taste because i dont add salt. Thats why my lo dont like it at all. Is it healthy to use Ikan bilis stock everyday??

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello. I can share with you that ikan bilis (dried) has a super high content of salt. The polyclinic doctor reminded me not to use ikan bilis nor dried scallops (gan1 bei4) to cook porridge because they are super high in salt content and will make your lo's food super salty and there is no turning back once you intro flavourful n salty food to begin with. They will then reject bland tasting food... Suggest you make your own vegetable stock? Try googling for that. I saw someone using apples carrots and onions and some other veg to make lovely stock. LO do not need sugar n salt below 2yo technically speaking. if you really want to use ikan bilis, soak and wash off the first time so u get rid of the initial salt content.

Read more
8y trước

Alternatively, you can use fruit as soup base too. I make Apple, papaya or even coconut chicken soup with rice for my 13 months LO. She does like it. I normally don't add salt for my soup.

Not sure if its healthy to use ikan bilis stock everyday. Other stock i use, chicken bones or pork bones work well too. Sometimes it maybe tasteless to use, but it taste super flavorful for them. Try out the bones, put some wolfberries and dates to enhance the sweetness.

8y trước

I think its up to you. Both can be eaten. Wolfberries dont put too much. In fact both ate good for the body.

Is your baby fine with the food? If he is then i don't think you need to try and make it more tasteful, bland is good for them. You can use vegetables to make stock instead. Vegetables stocks is very sweet especially if you use carrots

Soya beans + lean meat( chicken n pork) works too... n is safe for 7 Mths no worries ... unless they are allergic to it. Currently due to bird flu coming back, pork may be a better option

For ikan bilis u need to wash with a few change of water before u put into ur cooker for the stock .. dried scallops I will also Soak to remove the salt b4 I used them

thanks

I use pork rib..

8y trước

yes.