Trying to exercise

Trying to exercise recently as i have gained weight tremendously over past weeks. Went to the gym but didnt dare to do too intensive exercise so was walking/light jogging on threadmill, and doing some hand exercises (pulling/pushing kind at a very comfortable weight of 5kg). Slow cycling on stationary bike. I didnt sweat at all in the gym but i do feel increase in heart rate during exercise and the soreness in my arms the next day. Jus wondering how about the intensity for prenatal classes like pilates or yoga? Im not a sportsy person and i do not want to spend on these classes hence opting for free options.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did sign up for prenatal yoga classes & private yoga class. I mix them around but from what I can observe: 1. Prenatal yoga classes has to cater to varying stages of pregnancy (10+ weeks to 30+ weeks) so the classes are very gentle. More like stretching rather than weight control. 2. Private yoga classes are more tailored to your current condition. So I tend to sweat more (currently at 16 weeks) & feel ‘a bit’ like I am working out. Alternatively, I would suggest swimming. I think it is the safest exercise if you are looking at weight control.

Read more

Hmm may i know which week youre at and did you ask your gynae for the green light to exercise ? Cs if you have low lying placenta youre not allowed to exercise. I gained weight during pregnancy bt didt dare to exercise except for walks

11mo trước

Im at week 23 now, gynae said as long not intense exercise is fine and make sure not to gain too much weight, 2kg a month is fine but i have already gained more than 2kg past two weeks.

hello, are you open to getting a trainer? I hired a post partum trainer. he was very attentive to my needs and demands. lost 10kg